Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 7-Weekly vocabulary

Word:Ultrasound
Meaning:The application of ultrasonic waves to therapy ,as in deep-heart treatment of a joint .
Context:On this Sunday my grandmother gonna go to do ultrasound .(From Hospital corridor 2nd floor.)

Word:Cardiopulmonary
Meaning:Affecting the heart and lungs .
Context:I really want to go to cardiopulmonary laboratory .(From a book called "Lists of rehabilitation".)

Word:Geriatrics
Meaning:The branch of medicine dealing with diseases and care of aged persons .
Context:I want to learn more about geriatrics processes and problems.(From my co-worker)

Word:Audiologists
Meaning:The study of hearing including rehabilitation of patients with hearing impairments.
Context:I always want to study audiologists.(From Hospital corridor 2nd floor.)

Word:Accreditation
Meaning :to regard as true or to believe.
Context:I think everyone have to accreditation each other .(From my SAT book)

1 comment:

  1. Allison,

    Remember you need to explain how you learned these words in the context section.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete